Do you ever check out the weather on the slope? Let me save you the time…it's cold right now. Really cold.
Temps lately have been -30 F to -40 F with windchills in the -70 range. Many locations restrict outside work when the temperature dips
below -35. Cold snaps like this are hard on people and on equipment.
In order to keep warm in frigid temps you'll need to dress in layers. I don't advise wearing cotton as your base layer – it'll soak up sweat and hold it next to your skin. It's also a good idea to have an outer layer that blocks the wind.
Not all companies provide their employees with arctic gear so you'll want to check on this before heading to work for the first time. Brooks Range Supply in Deadhorse has a good selection of jackets, bibs, shoes & accessories but you don't want to rely on them to outfit you. There's a chance they might not have your size in stock plus, they can be pretty expensive.
The latest jobs are listed below. Keep warm out there!
To apply for a position listed below you’ll need to submit your application/resume directly with the company advertising the opening. You cannot apply for a job through my website.
If asked where you heard about a job opening, please mention my website. Thanks!
Links for each employer can be found on the Job Resources page of www.AlaskaPipelineJobInfo.com Once on a company’s website look for a “jobs” or “career” link. When you find the position you're interested in, apply directly online with that company.
Level II UT Shearwave with PA
Level II UT Tanks and Vessels Radiation Safety Officer
ADAMS & ASSOCIATES
HR Generalist Oil & Gas Industry - pays $55-85K. Direct hire opportunity in Anchorage with international relocation possible.
Account Managers for Land/Surface division –$70-90K Direct hire opportunity in Anchorage.
ADVANCED SUPPLY CHAIN INTEGRATORS
Contract Analyst - PSCM
Inventory Analyst II
Inventory Material Handling Tech
ARCTIC SLOPE REGIONAL CORP (ASRC)
- Mechanical Field Engineer
- Operator, Heavy Equipment (multiple)
- Insulator Class B
- Administrative Asst. III
- Document Control/ Administrative Asst.
- Quality Control Inspector, Mechanical
- HSET Specialist II (Health & Safety)
- Materials Inventory Technician
- Materials Foreman
- Drill Site Maintenance Tech
- Cost Analyst I
- Operator Vac Truck
BRISTOL BAY NATIVE CORP - KAKIVIK ASSET MANAGEMENT
- NDE Technician (with Kakivik)
BP - BRITISH PETROLEUM
Multi-Task Technician - Operations
Entry Level Operator
- Sheetmetal Journeyman-Maintenance
- General Maintenance Technician - Scaffold
- Crane Mechanic-WALV-O&M
- Field Piping General Maintenance Technician-VFABS-O&M
- Crane/Equipment Operator
- General Maintenance Technician – Insulator
- Electrical & Inst. QC Inspector –
- Instrument Technician
- Industrial Hygiene Supervisor
- Health, Safety & Environmental Trainer
- Coating QC Inspector
- Automation Technician O&M
- Equipment Operator
- Operator - ENI
- Pipe Welders
- Operators (with NCCCO Certification)
- Field Mechanic
- Drilling Technician
- QC Inspectors
- Field Administrator
- North Slope Operations Manager
These positions advertised on Craigslist are with Alaska Interstate Construction (AIC). Search the term "slope" on the Alaska Craigslist page for more information.
- Project Manager – Palmer, AK $85K + DOE
- Estimator – Palmer, AK $85K + DOE
- Bed Truck Driver – Ray, ND $32/hr + DOE
- Winch Tractor – Ray, ND $32/hr + DOE
- Rigger / Swamper – Ray, ND $20/hr + DOE
- Crane Operator – Ray, ND $34/hr + DOE
- Remote Operations Manager – Ray, ND $100K + DOE
These Cruz jobs are not on the North Slope, but I wanted to list them because they're with a good company and they pay well. They are either in Palmer, Alaska (a beautiful little town about 1 hour north of ANC) or in Ray, North Dakota. Visit the Cruz website for job descriptions and to download their application form.
DOYON Security Officer - Captain
Document Control & Records Manager
Administrative Assistant HSET Field Manager Kitchen Helper
- Service Operator II – Coiled Tubing
- Service Supervisor III- Coiled Tubing
- General Field Engineer – Directional Drilling
- Service Operator I - Surface Solutions
- Entry Level Operator Asst I -Surface Solutions
- Entry Level Operator Asst I -Nitorgen
- Plant Operator
- Electrical/Mechanical LWD Technician
- Field Professional - Drilling Fluids
- Service Leader - Slickline
- Jr INSITE Specialist, SDL
- INSITE Specialist, Surface Data Logging
- Service Operator - Cementing
- Service Supervisor – Cementing
- Gyro and Wireline Operator
- Directional Drilling Prof
- Directional Drilling Eng
- Refinery Lab Manager - Valdez
NANA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
- Fire & Gas Engineer
- Fire & Gas Designer
- Fire & Gas Drafter
- Principal Electrical/Instrument Designer
- Principal Mechanical/Piping Designer
PARKER DRILLING COMPANY
PEAK OILFIELD SERVICES
- Health, Safety Professional
I don't know why, but Peak does not have this job listed on their website's employment page. It's being advertised in the Anchorage Daily News .
- Pressure Safety Valve Technician
- Instrument Technician
- Finish Carpenter
- Drywall Installer/Finisher
- Flooring Installer
Spartan Services is advertising in the Anchorage Daily News for the above positions. Their website is still under construction but does list some details about the company along with their contact information.
UDELHOVEN OILFIELD SYSTEMS SERVICES
- Construction Engineer – Range. $135K
- Facility Engineer
- Wellsite Geologist
- FCO Technician
- Document Control
- Electrical Inspection
Don't forget, if asked where you heard about a job opening, please mention my website. The more employers hear about AlaskaPipelineJobInfo.com the more opportunities I'll be able to bring your way. Thanks!
For more information about these and other North Slope employers visit the Job Resources page of www.AlaskaPipelineJobInfo.com
Thanks everyone and GO PACKERS!
A proud Cheesehead,